Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Brighten Your Whites With FotoFuze!

Remember when I showed you a neat trick using photoshop where you could take a photo with a dull white background and make it even whiter using the levels feature on photoshop?



Well, what if I told you that you could go even WHITER??  And you don't even need photoshop to make your background look like this:

Pretty neat, huh?  Let me tell you about a great web application called FotoFuze.  It is super easy to use, and it's semi-free.  Here is how it works: you start with a photo that has either a black or a white solid background, then you use a little brush to color in the subject of your photo, then presto-chango, the program makes your background super white... just like the pics on the front page of etsy.  Try it!  You'll love it!

So, here's where the semi-free part comes in.  It's free to use and you can download a low-quality version of your changed photo, which might be totally fine for you.  I wanted the higher quality images, so I signed up for a premium account.  How much does it cost, you ask?  You decide!  They trust you to enter a monthly figure that you think reflects what the program is worth to you.  Cool business model.  I entered a relatively low amount because I don't anticipate using it a lot.

Do you use FotoFuze for your photo editing or do you use another program?  I'm interested to hear what you think about the best way to edit your photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment