Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Discouraging Thoughts.... Turned Upside Down!

It's been six days since I have made a sale and I'm starting to feel a little discouraged.  I know I shouldn't feel discouraged, but it is hard not to be sometimes, isn't it?  I've had dry spells before.  Last year I went three months without making a sale, so I really shouldn't be fussing over six days.  I think I've just spent so much time thinking about my shop this week that I've become a little hyper-aware of my stats.  I just need to calm down and remember...


So let's take a deep breath and turn those discouraging thoughts upside down!  The truth is, other than sales, my stats are actually looking pretty good.  In the past six days I have had 353 views and 23 favorites!  In the previous six days, although I had more sales, I only had 198 views and 15 favorites.  So, at least MORE people are looking at my items.  Now I just need to convert those views to sales!  And the best part is, I have a plan to do just that!  The immediate plan involves updating my listing photos and tweaking my item descriptions.... I also have an even better GRAND PLAN, but I'm not quite ready to put that into motion yet for various secret reasons that will soon be revealed. :)

Does focusing on your stats ever make you feel discouraged?  Does it help to look at the stats from a different perspective, like I did here?  I hope so!

1 comment:

  1. Looking great! Sure, you get the urge to compare yourself to others, but what's important is to focus on what really matters. You're doing fine for a newly-opened store, and while you can do better, you still have a lot of reasons to celebrate. And don't beat yourself up on those areas for improvement. Just remember that working on your store consistently needs some time and effort.

    Premier Marketing Solutions & Networking, LLC

    ReplyDelete