Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Shoptimizer Grades

I recently heard about a cool tool called the Etsy Shoptimizer where you can plug in the name of your etsy shop and have it "graded" based on the advice proffered in the Etsy Seller Handbook.  The tool is free for a one-time grading and it costs $9 a month to upgrade to a pro version that will let you refresh your grades any time you want.

So, I ran my shop through the Shoptimizer and I'm pretty happy with my grades.  Go ahead and take a peek:

I've really been focusing on improving my SEO, so I was psyched that I got (almost) straight-A's in that category....  but I was even more psyched to see the C grade that I got in that category because it never even occurred to me to optimize my shop announcement for SEO.  So I fixed that oversight now.

The rest of my grades contained very few surprises.  For example, I got an F in having multiple photos per listing, which I already knew is something I'm lacking and I intend to fix as soon as I get my new photography equipment.  The Shoptimizer also doesn't like the way I have used the "attributes" and "materials used" sections, but I'm not too worried about that.  I honestly don't think anyone is really interested in the materials I use and I don't really have any varying attributes to list.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my grades and I found using the Shoptimizer to be a worthwhile experience.  I really only gained one valuable insight from it, but that is enough for me.

Did you use Shoptimizer to grade your shop?  Any surprises?

1 comment:

  1. I've never used shoptimizer but it sounds like a cool tool. You did great - SEO.

    ReplyDelete